Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Poised and Ready

As some of you may already be aware, I'm traveling to East Tennessee State University this weekend for my second weightlifting meet. I'm not nervous, but excited to have fun, meet new people, and try my hand at competing again. I've learned a lot about this sport over the last six months and have made some good progress. I may not total much more than I totaled at the Cardinal Open in March...in fact, I may total a little less, but my form will be much better. I'll actually be snatching and cleaning, rather than power snatching and power cleaning. We don't have to go into the details about the difference, but just know that there is one. Maybe we'll have to post some before and after videos to compare. Or not...

If there's one thing I learned from playing the trumpet, it's not to push training before a performance or competition. So, I'm laying off the hypertrophy this week and keeping my routine really light: simply practice snatching and cleaning & jerking the way I'll be doing it at the meet.

1 comment:

Angie said...

Way to go, Dale! That's so cool. I would wish you luck, except that I'm posting this after the competition is over and I just talked to you on the phone... it sounds like you were very happy with how it turned out. I'm sure you've made a lot of progress, and while I don't know much about weight-lifting, I think you should be proud of yourself.